Lalu backs Shinde's accusation of BJP, RSS
"He (Shinde) is the Union Home minister. Will he tell a lie?" Lalu asked.
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday backed Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's accusation that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) were conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" in the country. "He (Shinde) is the Union Home minister. Will he tell a lie?" Lalu asked while talking to reporters after being unanimously elected the party's president for the eighth time.
Appealing to party workers to take a pledge not to allow "communal forces" assume power at the Centre at any cost, he said his party would make sincere efforts to bring all secular forces together. Having four MPs in the Lok Sabha, RJD is supporting United Progressive Alliance government at the Centre from outside.
Slamming Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, the RJD chief said his party would not seek dismissal of the NDA rule led by Kumar but would defeat it with the help of masses as people were "disillusioned" with the JD(U)-BJP government. He reminded the people of the statement of Press Council of India Chairman Markanday Katju that the fate of the present dispensation in Bihar was doomed.
He asked Kumar to stick to his statement that he would not seek vote in 2015 assembly elections if he failed to improve electric supply situation in the state. Prasad announced that his party, which now has 22 MLAs in the 243-member Assembly, would organise a big rally at Gandhi Maidan here on April 7 to sound the bugle of change in the state politics.
All top RJD leaders were present in the convention of the party which adopted resolutions on various issues. The resolution on economy opposed use of agricultural land for non-farming purposes.
The party demanded raising the number of subsidised LPG cylinders for a family from nine to 12 a year. It advocated for better education and employment opportunity for the minority community.
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18