Lalu Prasad injured in accident, sustains injuries in his head, face
Lalu Prasad was immediately rushed to a hospital in Patna, where he was given medical treatment.
New Delhi: RJD chief Lalu Prasad sustained injuries in his head and face when the windshield of his vehicle accidentally broke on Friday.
Prasad was immediately rushed to a hospital in Patna, where he was given medical treatment.
Prasad was taken to private hospital in city where he was given two stitches on the head and discharged late on Friday night. His PA Bhola Yadav said that the accident occurred at around 10 PM when his car was crossing a pantoon bridge near Kachchi Dargah on way to Raghopur.
The vehicle got stuck in the middle of the bridge and due to a sudden jerk, the windshield broke. Shards of glass then hit Prasad who was sitting on the front seat, Yadav said. His condition was stable and he would proceed on his party programme later in the day, the PA said.
The RJD chief, who is busy preparing for the party's ambitious Parivartan Rally in Patna on May 15, was going to Raghopur to meet the families hit by a major fire that broke out in the area on Thursday.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology