Lalu slams Raj for habitually insulting Bihari migrants
Lalu Prasad said said people of a state in general could not be blamed for crimes, the perpetrators of which should be dealt with sternly.
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Sunday slammed MNS chief Raj Thackeray for blaming Bihari migrants for the Delhi gangrape case and related incidents occurring elsewhere in the country.
"It has become a habit of (Raj) Thackeray and his extended family (Shiv Sena) to insult Bihari migrants all the time and for all crimes taking place in the country," he said.
They should refrain from making habitual and insulting remarks against the Bihari migrants as these were not in national interests, Prasad told reporters.
Flaying the tendency to equate the people of a particular state with crimes, the RJD chief said people of a state in general could not be blamed for crimes, the perpetrators of which should be dealt with sternly.
The Thackerays were guilty of making insulting and provocative comments against the Bihari migrants to further their divisive political agenda, he said.
Prasad said he sought to remind the MNS and Shiv Sena leaders that the people of Bihar have played a great role in promotion of unity and integrity of the country and they too have been victims of brutal assault and crimes, he said.
Prasad was referring to the murder of an engineering student from Bihar in Odisha recently. The perpetrators of crimes against the Biharis in other states have not been targeted or subjected to insulting remarks and it would be unfair to do so, the RJD leader said.
Prasad also hit out at the RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for "insensitive" remarks against women telling them various do's and don'ts, besides attributing rising incidents of crime against women to the Western values and lifestyles being adopted by urban Indian people.
Bhagwat should note that men commit most of the crimes occurring in the society and not women, he said.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18