Land grab cases used to target party: Karuna
Karunanidhi claimed most of his partymen had been arrested under false cases.
Chennai: Reiterating that his partymen were being jailed under false land grab cases, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday expressed fears that the issue could be used as a tool against political parties and could prove handy for anti-social elements.
"By saying so, one does not mean that complaints regarding land grab should be ignored. Proper scrutiny should be done and a particular political party should not be targeted. The police department should be allowed to take action in accordance with law," he said writing in party mouthpiece 'Murasoli'.
Holding that the AIADMK was "desperate to wreak vengeance" on his partymen with the help of police and foisting land grab cases for this purpose, Karunanidhi said this "dream of the rulers" would not come true.
"Instead of focussing their energy on something which will not happen (destroying DMK), it would be better for the rulers to focus on basic issues of the states. The AIADMK and the police should not create precedences," he said.
Karunanidhi claimed most of his partymen, including former Minister Veerapandi S Arumugam, Chepauk MLA J Anbazhagan and others, had been arrested under false cases.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology