DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Land scam: court to hear BSY bail plea today
The court will also hear V Somanna's bail plea in connection with an alleged land scam case.
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday posted to Tuesday the anticipatory bail applications of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and housing minister V Somanna in connection with an alleged land scam case.
Justice Subhash B Adi posted the matter after hearing the matter and conclusion of submissions by special public prosecutor Lokayukta TM Gayatri.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the latter's wife had also sought relief in the case. Earlier, the court sought clarifications from complainant Ravi Krishnareddy on the credibility of his complaint and why he had chosen a particular instance of land denotification when such denotifications had also been done by previous governments.
"Why do you say there is a connivance? How do you substantiate abuse of power by the then chief minister BS Yeddyurappa," Justice Adi asked.
He also sought to know from the SPP Lokayukta as to how "this denotification constitutes and offence".
Krishnareddy has alleged that Somanna secured denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational institution run by his wife Shailaja in violation of rules when Yeddyurappa was chief minister.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017