Lanka war crimes: AIADMK walks out of RS
This came after SM Krishna stressed on India's role in reconstruction of the Tamil community in Sri Lanka.
New Delhi: There was ruckus in the Rajya Sabha yet again over alleged war crimes in Sri Lanka. AIADMK members staged a walkout after tearing a copy of the statement made by External Affairs SM Krishna after he stressed on India's positive role in reconstruction and rehabilitation of the Tamil community in Sri Lanka.
"It is through our constructive engagement with the Sri Lankan government and our assistance that there is normalcy returning in the Tamil regions of Sri Lanka. In my January, 2012 visit to Sri Lanka I handed over the constructed houses for the beneficiaries in Sri Lanka. The housing project is expected to be completed within 3 years of commencement of the project," SM Krishna said.
On Tuesday, there was ruckus over the video of LTTE chief Prabhakaran's 12-year-old son.
Tamil political parties have been applying pressure on the government to support the UN resolution at the UN Human Rights Council expected to go for vote later in March.
Recommended For You
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)