LDF betrayed Forward Bloc: Devarajan
G Devarajan said the Forward Bloc would contest in 11 seats on its own.
Thiruvananthapuram: All India Forward Bloc on Wednesday alleged the Left Democratic Front leadership in Kerala had betrayed the party by turning a blind eye to repeated requests to accommodate it in the Front.
The LDF had left many seats to `undeserving' parties and splinter groups while ignoring the Forward Bloc which was a Left party, AIFB's national secretary G Devarajan said.
"This neglect towards Forward Bloc will be brought to the notice of the central leadership of CPI-M and CPI," he told reporters here.
He said it was wrong to assume that Left unity could be realised merely with the unity of two communist parties.
He said the Forward Bloc would contest in 11 seats on its own in the April 13 assembly elections in Kerala.
To a question, Devarajan claimed the political atmosphere in West Bengal, where AIFB was part of the LDF, was favourable to the ruling Front.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test