LDF betrayed Forward Bloc: Devarajan
G Devarajan said the Forward Bloc would contest in 11 seats on its own.
Thiruvananthapuram: All India Forward Bloc on Wednesday alleged the Left Democratic Front leadership in Kerala had betrayed the party by turning a blind eye to repeated requests to accommodate it in the Front.
The LDF had left many seats to `undeserving' parties and splinter groups while ignoring the Forward Bloc which was a Left party, AIFB's national secretary G Devarajan said.
"This neglect towards Forward Bloc will be brought to the notice of the central leadership of CPI-M and CPI," he told reporters here.
He said it was wrong to assume that Left unity could be realised merely with the unity of two communist parties.
He said the Forward Bloc would contest in 11 seats on its own in the April 13 assembly elections in Kerala.
To a question, Devarajan claimed the political atmosphere in West Bengal, where AIFB was part of the LDF, was favourable to the ruling Front.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18