Leaders congratulate Rajnath on becoming BJP chief
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar called Rajnath Singh an experienced leader and congratulated him.
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party leader Rajnath Singh was on Wednesday elected unopposed as the party president for the 2013-2015 term. He succeeded Nitin Gadkari, who decided against contesting for a second term following charges of corruption against him. Several leaders congratulated Rajnath Singh over his election.
BJP MP Ram Jethmalani: Congratulatons Rajnath Singh! Party will be honoured to have you. I am not blaming Nitin Gadkari but our party has not fought against black money and corruption during the Gadkari regime. We hope the situation will improve under Rajnath Singh. May be the party will win in 2014.
BJP leader and former TV serial actress Smriti Irani: I am grateful to Nitin Gadkari for whatever he has done as a party president. He gave me a chance to serve the BJP women's wing.
Anant Kumar: At BJP Parliamentary meeting, Advani praised Gadkari's work over the last three years. A congratulatory proposal was forwarded which was passed by the parliamentary board.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar: This is an internal matter and decision of the BJP. Rajnath Singh is an experienced leader and I congratulate him.
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP