Leaders pay homage to Nehru on his death anniversary
Congress leaders paid floral tributes to Jawaharlal Nehru at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna in Delhi.
New Delhi: The nation on Monday remembered the country's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 49th death anniversary with senior leaders paying homage to him.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi paid floral tributes to the departed leader at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna here.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and National Commission for Women chairperson Mamata Sharma also paid floral tributes.
A large number of Congress workers and school children also paid homage to Nehru. Devotional songs were played and an all-religion prayer meeting was organised at the memorial. Nehru, who was born on November 14, 1889, died on May 27, 1964.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid