Left did nothing for Bengal minorities, says BJP
BJP on Friday claimed that the condition of minorities in the BJP-ruled states was far better.
Kolkata: Charging the ruling Left Front with doing nothing for the development of minorities in West Bengal, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday claimed that the condition of minorities in the BJP-ruled states was far better.
"According to the Sachar Committee report, maximum number of poor people belonging to the minority community reside in Bengal. But in BJP-ruled states the condition of minorities is hundred times better than that of the minorities in Bengal," BJP national spokesperson Syed Shahnawz Hussain told reporters.
"During the last three decades, the left has done nothing for the minorities," he said.
Stressing that the BJP has never believed in identifying any person on the basis of caste and religion, Hussain said the party wanted the uplift of minorities based on talent.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology