Left did nothing for Bengal minorities, says BJP
BJP on Friday claimed that the condition of minorities in the BJP-ruled states was far better.
Kolkata: Charging the ruling Left Front with doing nothing for the development of minorities in West Bengal, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday claimed that the condition of minorities in the BJP-ruled states was far better.
"According to the Sachar Committee report, maximum number of poor people belonging to the minority community reside in Bengal. But in BJP-ruled states the condition of minorities is hundred times better than that of the minorities in Bengal," BJP national spokesperson Syed Shahnawz Hussain told reporters.
"During the last three decades, the left has done nothing for the minorities," he said.
Stressing that the BJP has never believed in identifying any person on the basis of caste and religion, Hussain said the party wanted the uplift of minorities based on talent.
Recommended For You
- 5 Title-deciding El Clasico Clashes Over the Years
- Salman, Sonakshi And Prabhu Deva Bring The House Down In Sydney
- Tata Hexa Automatic Off-Road Review: Can it Handle the Heat?
- When Gunday Cast Decided To Remind Fans Of Amitabh Bachchan's Mohabbatein
- Khoon Aali Chithi: The Teaser Of Richa Chadha's Debut Production Is Out