DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Left killed 75,000 opposition workers: Mamata
Mamata alleged 75,000 Trinamool and Cong workers have been killed during the 34 years of Left Front rule.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday alleged that 75,000 workers of opposition parties, including from her party and the Congress, have been killed during the 34 years of Left Front rule in West Bengal.
"They include supporters of the Congress, the Trinamool Congress and other opposition parties. Whenever they couldn't kill any opposition party supporter, they implicated them in false cases. This is their tactics to kill the voice of the opposition," Banerjee said at a public rally in Daspur area in West Midnapore district.
She also said that false cases against opposition party workers filed by the police at the behest of the ruling Marxists would be withdrawn if her party is voted to power. "We will withdraw all false cases filed against the opposition party workers by this CPM (Communist Party of India-Marxist) government. We don't want innocent people to face harassment due to false cases," she said.
The state is going through the crucial assembly elections which started on April 18 and will end on May 10.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan