DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
LoC killings: PMO says statement not changed at its behest
Reports had said that the statement read out by the Defence Minister in Parliament was different from the one issued by the Army.
New Delhi: The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Wednesday rubbished as "mischievous" the reports that a statement on the killing of five Indian soldiers on the LoC was changed at its behest. "Such allegations being made are mischievous and have no basis," a PMO spokesman said.
He was reacting to reports that the statement was changed after being drafted by the Army. While the Army statement issued in Jammu had said the attack in Poonch was carried out by Pakistan army's Border Action Team (BAT), a statement read out by Defence Minister AK Antony in Parliament said the assault was carried out by "terrorists along with persons dressed in Pakistan Army uniform".
Sources said the statement made by Antony was vetted by several senior officials including National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon, Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh, the DGMO and some Defence Ministry officers.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande