LoC should become line of cooperation, says Mufti
Mufti insisted that things have started to fall in place for rejuvenation of peace process with Pakistan.
Jammu: Pointing out at shifts in strategic factors of South Asia, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday insisted that whichever party comes to power after the next general elections will have to address the Kashmir problem. "Any government that comes into power at the Centre after next elections will have to address the Kashmir problem and improve relations with Pakistan," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said while addressing a public rally at Poonch.
Mufti insisted that things have started to fall in place for rejuvenation of peace process with Pakistan and pointed out that resolution of Kashmir was an important issue. Shifting strategic factors in South Asia, economic compulsions and strengthening of democratic processes in Pakistan have started creating an atmosphere for resolution of long standing problems between the two neighbours.
"Jammu and Kashmir would be the biggest beneficiary of the peace process started in 2003, but remained on the back burner for many years now," he added. He added that the government must provide infrastructure and banking support to cross-border trade and remove hassles in bus travel. Insisting on opening of more routes between the two countries, Mufti said "Our vision is that any resident of erstwhile Jammu and Kashmir should be able to visit anywhere without the slightest problems."
"LoC should become line of cooperation and not mere control. The propaganda that militants would sneak in by buses has proved wrong like many other assumptions. Time for breaking barriers has come and it will happen," the PDP patriarch said. Reiterating his party's resolve to make Kashmir a bridge between two countries to restore lasting peace in this region, he added "Though the entire population of the sub-continent has suffered due to the prolonged conflict and armed confrontation between two neighbouring countries, the brunt of such enmity has been borne by the hapless people of Jammu and Kashmir."
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Party is One
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation