Lok Sabha adjourned after condoling death of TMC member
TMC MP Ambika Banerjee died at 84. She was a member of the West Bengal Assembly five times and was elected to the Lok Sabha in 2009.
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned on Thursday without transacting any business as a mark of respect for Trinamool Congress member Ambika Banerjee who died early this morning.
Banerjee, who was an MP from Howrah, was 84. As soon as the House met for the day, Speaker Meira Kumar condoled his death.
Banerjee was a member of the West Bengal Assembly five times and was elected to the Lok Sabha in 2009. He was a member of the Standing Committee on Urban Development and Committee on Public Undertakings.
Lok Sabha also condoled the death of former member S Kuppuswamy, who was a DMK MP from Chennai North. He was 86. The Speaker adjourned the House till Friday after members observed silence as a mark of respect to them.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology