DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lok Sabha adjourned after condoling death of TMC member
TMC MP Ambika Banerjee died at 84. She was a member of the West Bengal Assembly five times and was elected to the Lok Sabha in 2009.
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned on Thursday without transacting any business as a mark of respect for Trinamool Congress member Ambika Banerjee who died early this morning.
Banerjee, who was an MP from Howrah, was 84. As soon as the House met for the day, Speaker Meira Kumar condoled his death.
Banerjee was a member of the West Bengal Assembly five times and was elected to the Lok Sabha in 2009. He was a member of the Standing Committee on Urban Development and Committee on Public Undertakings.
Lok Sabha also condoled the death of former member S Kuppuswamy, who was a DMK MP from Chennai North. He was 86. The Speaker adjourned the House till Friday after members observed silence as a mark of respect to them.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Big B Reminisces 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony With an Adorable Pic
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%