Lokpal Bill not well thought out: Amartya Sen
The Nobel laureate said the challenge lay in how to integrate the democratic structure without undermining it.
Kolkata: Nobel laureate and eminent economist Amartya Sen said the Lokpal Bill presented in Parliament recently was not 'well thought out'.
"I personally do not think the Lokpal Bill, as it came out, is well thought out," Sen told a gathering here last night on the occasion of screening of 'Amartya Sen: A Life Reexamined', a documentary on him.
Sen said the challenge lay in how to integrate the democratic structure without undermining it and at the same time making corruption to be dealt with easily by the judicial system.
"I think that is the real challenge," Sen said.
He said, the solution to any problem of this kind has to be solved in the Indian context within the structure of our rule of laws and Constitution and our democratic political system.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- President Trump May Inspire Jimmy Kimmel's Oscars Monologue
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century