Lokpal Bill will form a toothless body: Kejriwal
Arvind Kejriwal also alleged that the Delhi Government had colluded with power distribution companies to raise power tariff in the capital.
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Monday tore into the amended Lokpal Bill passed by the Union Cabinet, saying the proposed body would be "toothless" as the CBI will still function under the Government.
Speaking at a public meeting in west Delhi, Kejriwal alleged that the proposed Lokpal will not have "any powers" as the Government has made it a "toothless body".
"Government does not want to leave the CBI independent because it wants power; it wants the control of CBI. As long as CBI is under the control of politicians, no one can expect anything from Lokpal," he said.
The AAP convenor alleged that the Delhi Government had colluded with power distribution companies to raise power tariff in the capital.
The Aam Aadmi Party chief also claimed that Delhiites are paying two times the electricity bills they should actually be paying.
He also accused Dikshit of stopping the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) from passing an order in 2010 which recommended 23 per cent reduction in the tariff.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More