Lokpal Bill will form a toothless body: Kejriwal
Arvind Kejriwal also alleged that the Delhi Government had colluded with power distribution companies to raise power tariff in the capital.
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Monday tore into the amended Lokpal Bill passed by the Union Cabinet, saying the proposed body would be "toothless" as the CBI will still function under the Government.
Speaking at a public meeting in west Delhi, Kejriwal alleged that the proposed Lokpal will not have "any powers" as the Government has made it a "toothless body".
"Government does not want to leave the CBI independent because it wants power; it wants the control of CBI. As long as CBI is under the control of politicians, no one can expect anything from Lokpal," he said.
The AAP convenor alleged that the Delhi Government had colluded with power distribution companies to raise power tariff in the capital.
The Aam Aadmi Party chief also claimed that Delhiites are paying two times the electricity bills they should actually be paying.
He also accused Dikshit of stopping the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) from passing an order in 2010 which recommended 23 per cent reduction in the tariff.
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex
- BJP Accuses AAP of Nepotism, Alleges it Gave Contractual Jobs to Volunteers
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson