Look Into Hacking of Rahul, Congress Twitter Accounts: Trinamool to Govt
File image of Congress party president Sonia Gandhi (L) and her son and the party's vice-president Rahul Gandhi. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress today asked the government to look into the hacking of the official Twitter accounts of Indian National Congress and its Vice-President Rahul Gandhi.
The hacking issues should be "taken up on priority," TMC leader in Lok Sabha Sudip Bandopadhyay said amid the continued Opposition protest against the government on the demonetisation issue.
"Government should rise to the occasion and take care of the situation," he said.
The official Twitter accounts of Congress and Gandhi were hacked today and some messages laden with expletives and profanities posted on it.
Gandhi's account was hacked last night too and some obscene remarks were posted online for about an hour after which it was rectified.
The Congress has, meanwhile, filed a complaint with the Cyber cell of Delhi Police on the hacking of its Vice-President's twitter account.
After the hacking, Congress raised questions on the digital safety of all Indians and said it reflected "disturbing insecurities" of the prevalent "fascist culture" in the country.
Gandhi's account was hacked around 8.45 PM last night and some messages with profanities were put out, but these were deleted soon thereafter.
Recommended For You
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet