Louise Khurshid files defamation suit against TV Today
Louise Khurshid has claimed initial damages of Rs 1 crore for the irreparable loss caused by the sting operation.
New Delhi: Advocate Abhimanyu Bhandari has filed a defamation suit for damages against TV Today Chairman and MD Aroon Purie and others on behalf of Law Minister Salman Khurshid's wife Louise Khurshid. Louise Khurshid has claimed initial damages of Rs 1 crore. The advocate said that they have claimed damages for the irreparable loss caused by programmes aired by the TV Today group.
According to the TV Today report, the union social welfare and empowerment ministry had granted Rs 71.50 lakh to the Khurshids' Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust for distributing tricycles and hearing aids to the disabled in 17 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The group, in a sting operation, said the NGO, forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of the state, to deprive the physically challenged who were eligible for grants under a scheme. While Salman Khurshid is the president of the Trust, his wife is the project director.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK