Louise Khurshid files defamation suit against TV Today
Louise Khurshid has claimed initial damages of Rs 1 crore for the irreparable loss caused by the sting operation.
New Delhi: Advocate Abhimanyu Bhandari has filed a defamation suit for damages against TV Today Chairman and MD Aroon Purie and others on behalf of Law Minister Salman Khurshid's wife Louise Khurshid. Louise Khurshid has claimed initial damages of Rs 1 crore. The advocate said that they have claimed damages for the irreparable loss caused by programmes aired by the TV Today group.
According to the TV Today report, the union social welfare and empowerment ministry had granted Rs 71.50 lakh to the Khurshids' Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust for distributing tricycles and hearing aids to the disabled in 17 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The group, in a sting operation, said the NGO, forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of the state, to deprive the physically challenged who were eligible for grants under a scheme. While Salman Khurshid is the president of the Trust, his wife is the project director.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"