DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lowering age for consensual sex will lead to more rapes: Ramdev
Ramdev alleged that the Bill aimed to benefit a "particular religion" and "break the Hindu society".
Indore: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday said the Centre's decision to reduce the age for consensual sex from 18 to 16 years would affect the social order and increase rape cases in the country.
Sex at 16 was not right for a person either physically or psychologically, Ramdev said while talking to reporters at Panchkuia near Indore. "If this decision (to lower age of consensual sex) is taken, rape cases will increase," he said.
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2013, which provides for stringent punishment for crimes against women, including rape, was on Thursday cleared by the Union Cabinet. It also lowers the age of consent for sex from 18 to 16 years.
Ramdev alleged that the Bill aimed to benefit a "particular religion" and "break the Hindu society". Instead of tackling issues such as corruption and inflation, the UPA government was busy deciding the age for consensual sex, he said.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?