LS may pass resolution against Team Anna remarks
The whole House is perturbed at the terms used against Parliamentarians at Jantar Mantar on Sunday during Hazare's fast.
New Delhi: A consensus appears to be emerging in the Lok Sabha that the House pass a resolution moved by the Chair against members of Team Anna for using derogatory language against Parliamentarians.
During a debate on the alleged use of intemperate language by members of anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare's team against Parliamentarians, JD(U) President Sharad Yadav asked the Chair to move a resolution condemning this incident.
The whole House, cutting across party lines, is perturbed at the terms used against Parliamentarians at Jantar Mantar on Sunday during Hazare's fast.
Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal discussed the prospect of getting the Chair to move a resolution in this regard which would be supported by the House.
Since the Lok Sabha was adjourned abruptly today by the Deputy Speaker due to uproar over the Telangana issue by TRS members, no measure could be taken up today.
"The issue is alive and can come up for discussion again in the House," Swaraj said.
JD(U) sources said the party may move an adjournment motion during Question Hour on Tuesday to demand further discussion on the issue.
A resolution may be moved by the Chair and put to vote then or later in the day.
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology