DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2008 B'lore blasts: HC dismisses Madani's bail plea
The Karnataka Police had charged Abdul Nasser Madani for treason, terrorism and attempt to murder.
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Thursday dismissed the bail plea of the PDP leader and accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bombings case Abdul Nasser Madani. The Karnataka Police had charged him for treason, terrorism and attempt to murder.
They had also alleged that Madani was part of the planning of the blast and helped terrorists. The serial blasts before an election meeting to be addressed by senior BJP leader LK Advani had left 58 people dead and over 200 others injured.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader was also an accused in the 1998 Coimbatore bomb blast case but was acquitted by the trial court. Madani came out of the Coimbatore jail in 2007 after spending nine years in connection with the Coimbatore bomb blasts.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?