Maha: MLAs who assaulted policeman sent to judicial custody
The Mumbai court, which is hearing the case, has reserved its order on the bail plea of the MLAs till Monday.
Mumbai: Two of the five Maharashtra MLAs, who were suspended for thrashing Assistant Police Inspector Sachin Suryavanshi, have been sent to 14 days of judicial custody. While Vidhan Shabha has opposed the decision demanding that the suspension of Ramdas Kadam and Kshitij Thakur be revoked, the court hearing the case has reserved its order on the bail plea of the MLAs till Monday.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra Assembly was adjourned for the day on Friday after members from all parties disrupted proceedings while demanding action against the two police officers who had come to the Vidhan Bhawan without authorisation to arrest the MLAs, accused of beating a policeman.
The members also demanded that the suspension of five legislators should be revoked. Girish Bapat of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said that unless the two crime branch officers, who had come to the Vidhan Bhawan on Wednesday to arrest the MLAs, are not suspended and the suspension of legislators is not revoked, the proceedings of the House cannot be normal.
He said traffic police officer Sachin Suryavanshi, who was allegedly thrashed by the MLAs on Tuesday, was not on duty when he came to Vidhan Bhawan and hence, to book the MLAs under section 353 which amounts to obstructing a public servant from conducting his duties, was wrong. "This is injustice to the legislators," Bapat said. The Lower House (Vidhan Sabha) saw two adjournments of one hour each before Deputy Speaker Vasant Purke adjourned it for the day. Except laying of papers related to assurances given on the floor of the House during the debate on grants in Budget session of 2011, no other business was transacted.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances
- Prabhas Dismisses Reports of Working In Dhoom 4
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Turf War
- Samajwadi Party Live: Shivpal Yadav Addresses Party Workers, Hits Back At Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal