Maharashtra: 2 MLAs who assaulted policeman sent to police custody
The two MLAs, along with three others, have been suspended from the Maharashtra Assembly for the rest of the year.
Mumbai: A Mumbai court on Thursday remanded two of the MLAs accused of assaulting a policeman outside the Maharashtra Assembly to police custody. MLAs Kshitij Thakur and Ram Kadam have been sent to custody till Friday.
The two, along with three other MLAs, assaulted Assistant Sub-Inspector Sachin Suryavanshi on Tuesday after moving a 'breach of privilege' motion against him. Thakur accused Suryavanshi of misbehaving with him while preventing him from speeding on the road earlier this week.
The five MLAs have been suspended from the Assembly for the rest of this year.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"