Maharashtra policeman assault: Probe panel finds 2 MLAs guilty
The committee in its report has given the benefit of the doubt to the other three MLAs citing inconclusive CCTV evidence .
Mumbai: The committee of legislators probing the attack on API Sachin Suryavanshi in the Maharashtra Assembly premises has held two MLAs, Kshitij Thakur and Ram Kadam, guilty. The committee in its report has given the benefit of the doubt to the other three MLAs citing inconclusive CCTV evidence and has recommended that the Speaker revokes their suspension.
The report also recommends that the suspension period of Thakur and Kadam be reduced and it be revoked in the first week of the monsoon session. The report is also critical of API Suryavanshi for his 'behaviour'.
The MLAs allegedly beat up the police officer Sachin Suryavanshi inside the state Assembly premises in March. The policeman beaten was also suspended after the incident.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18