'Mahabharat' needed to fight corruption in Haryana: TMC
He alleged that regional bias came in the way of development and there was "disillusionment in every section of the society".
Kurukshetra: A Trinamool Congress MP on Sunday said a "Mahabharat-like" war was needed to fight corruption, nepotism and regionalism allegedly prevalent in Haryana politics. "The successive governments that have ruled Haryana for the last four decades, irrespective of the political party they belonged to, have ruined Haryana. We need to wage Mahabharat-like war against corruption, nepotism...," TMC MP and party incharge of North Zone KD Singh said while addressing a public meeting in Kurukshetra.
He alleged that regional bias came in the way of development and there was "disillusionment in every section of the society". "Unemployment among youth is the major concern," Singh said. The TMC leader claimed that Punjabi community in the state has been marginalised.
"This community has no meaningful representation among the legislators and bureaucracy," he said, adding that if TMC came to power in Haryana, it would ensure adequate representation to the community. Apart from this, tickets for 27 per cent assembly seats would be allotted to the Backward Classes in the next polls in the state, he said.
Singh lashed out at the Hooda government for its alleged failure on several fronts including law and order, with Haryana witnessing a series of incidents of crime against women in 2012. "We will set up a helpline for the benefit of rape victims. The families of the victims may contact this helpline for medical and legal assistance," he said.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test