Mahanta files complaint with EC against Congress
A private satellite TV channel had aired paid news supporting the Cong for which the complaint was filed: Mahanta.
Nagaon: Leader of the Opposition and former Assam Chief Minister (CM) Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Wednesday said his party Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) has filed a complaint with the state Election Commission (EC) against the ruling Congress.
A private satellite TV channel and a local channel of Nagaon had aired paid news supporting the Congress for which the complaint was filed, Mahanta told PTI in Nagaon. Without naming the channels, the two-time former CM threatened to move court if the EC failed to take action.
Mahanta is the party's nominee in two constituencies of Bahrampur and Samuguri which falls under Nagaon district.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner