DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mahanta files complaint with EC against Congress
A private satellite TV channel had aired paid news supporting the Cong for which the complaint was filed: Mahanta.
Nagaon: Leader of the Opposition and former Assam Chief Minister (CM) Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Wednesday said his party Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) has filed a complaint with the state Election Commission (EC) against the ruling Congress.
A private satellite TV channel and a local channel of Nagaon had aired paid news supporting the Congress for which the complaint was filed, Mahanta told PTI in Nagaon. Without naming the channels, the two-time former CM threatened to move court if the EC failed to take action.
Mahanta is the party's nominee in two constituencies of Bahrampur and Samuguri which falls under Nagaon district.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan