DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maharashtra CM denies giving Shiv Sena any assurance for a theme park
The Shiv Sena wants a theme park at the Mahalakshmi Race Course after the government refused permission for a Bal Thackeray memorial.
New Delhi: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan says that he has not given any assurances to Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray for setting up of a theme park at the Mahalakshmi Race Course in Maharashtra. Uddhav had claimed on Sunday that a theme park will be set up at the Mahalakshmi Race Course.
The lease of the race course expired on May 31 and the Shiv Sena dominated BMC wants a Bal Thackeray memorial construction on the land. However, the Maharashtra government has not accepted the demand and so the Shiv Sena proposed a theme park.
Following instructions from Uddahv Mayor Sunil Prabhu allegedly asked the government not to extend the lease and instead handover the whole land to the BMC. The BMC owns 30 per cent of 10, 22,000 square yard of land while the rest 70 per cent is under the Maharashtra government.
After the government refused the permission for a Bal Thackeray memorial, Uddhav met Chavan on Sunday and later he said he has been assured about the theme park. But on Monday the Chief Minister denied that he gave any assurance.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO