Maharashtra Congress Flays Centre's Demonetisation Move, Says it Brought 'Economic Anarchy'
A bank employee counting new Rs 2000 notes before issuing to the customers in Srinagar. (Photo Credit: PTI)
Mumbai: The Maharashtra unit of Congress on Saturday slammed the Centre's demonetisation move, saying it has brought "economic anarchy".
The party observed the Constitution Day by paying homage to Babasaheb Ambedkar.
"Curbs are put on common man from withdrawing his own money from banks. The economy has virtually collapsed and the move has brought economic anarchy," former Rajya Sabha member and economist Bhalchandra Mungekar said at a function in Tilak Bhavan in Central Mumbai.
The party leaders offered floral tributes to Ambedkar and martyrs and victims of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. Mungekar alleged that under the BJP rule there have been attacks on the basic fundamentals enshrined in the Constitution.
On November 8, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced his government's decision to demonetise Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Movie ReviewLa La Land Review: Ryan-Emma's Story Is A Well-Crafted Musical
- Birthday SpecialDilip Kumar Birthday Special: 10 Memorable Films by the Actor
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings