DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maharashtra: NCP's Sandhyadevi Kupekar wins Chandgad by-poll
The by-poll was necessitated following the death of sitting NCP MLA Babasaheb Kupekar in September 2012.
Kolhapur: NCP candidate Sandhyadevi Babasaheb Kupekar on Thursday won the Chandgad Assembly seat by-election in Maharashtra's Kolhapur district by a margin of 24,847 votes. The by-poll was necessitated following the death of sitting NCP MLA Babasaheb Kupekar in September 2012.
The voting for the bypoll had taken place on February 24, for which only three candidates had filed their nomination. Apart from Sandhyadevi, Rajendra Shamrav Gaddyanwar was the candidate of Swabhimani Shetkari Sangathana, while Sunil Arjun Shintre contested on a Shiv Sena ticket.
Sandhyadevi, wife of Babasaheb Kupekar, won the seat against her nearest rival Gaddyanwar. Sandhyadevi polled 93,486 votes, while Gaddyanwar got 68,639 votes.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet