DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maharashtra: Shiv Sena demands Ajit Pawar's resignation
Shiv Sena party leaders said the apology rendered by Ajit was not enough and he should quit.
Nashik: The city unit of Shiv Sena on Monday demanded resignation of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over his insensitive remarks over drought, which has ravaged over a dozen districts in the state. Sena activists staged a demonstration against the NCP leader and beat his posters with shoes to express their protest over the remarks made at a function in Indapur taluka of Pune district on Sunday.
Party leaders said the apology rendered by Ajit was not enough and he should quit. Later police arrived at the protest site and detained the agitating activists. Meanwhile, Ajit's effigies were burnt by Sena workers in temple town of Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?," Ajit had said, kicking up a controversy. The NCP leader followed it up with another remark poking fun at load-shedding in the state.
Recommended For You
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh