Maharashtra: SP worker arrested for molesting woman
Arif Khan was arrested after his anticipatory bail was rejected by the Sessions Court.
Mumbai: A Samajwadi Party activist, who lost the last civic body election, was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly molesting a woman and rioting in suburban Andheri, police said.
Arif Khan, the Samajwadi party candidate from Andheri in the last civic body elections in Mumbai, was arrested after his anticipatory bail was rejected by the Sessions Court in a case where he was charged for molestation and rioting among others, police said.
According to police, Khan had an argument with the victim at Pacific Towers at Sagar city area in Andheri a few days back. The accused and his group created ruckus there. The woman claimed that during the argument, the accused touched her inappropriately.
Subsequently, an FIR was registered against Khan and his associates under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 141 (unlawful assembly), 142 (being member of unlawful assembly) and 147 (rioting) following the victim's complaint, police said.
Khan could not be traced since the incident and he moved an anticipatory bail plea before the Sessions Court. As it was rejected, Khan was arrested, police said.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18