DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lok Sabha poll: 56 per cent polling in ten LS seats in Maharashtra till 5 pm
About 1.63 crores voters are expected to exercise their franchise towards 201 candidates in the poll fray for this backward region.
Nagpur: About 56 per cent voting was reported in the ten Lok Sabha constituencies of Vidarbha region of Maharashtra till 5 pm on Thursday, Election Commission sources said.
The percentage is likely to go up as the polling was scheduled to end at 6 pm. The constituency-wise percentages till 5 pm are as follows: Buldhana 53.86, Akola: 49.90, Amravati: 54.82,
Wardha: 58.08, Ramtek: 50.00, Nagpur: 49.32,
Bhandhara-gondiya: 58.60, Gadchiroli-Chimur: 61.00, Chandrapur: 55.80, Yavatmal- Washim: 49.46.
Thursday's election would decide the fate of former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister Praful Patel (NCP), former minister of State Vilas Muttemwar (Congress) and Shivajirao Moghe (Congress), among others.
Amid tight security, the voting was mostly peaceful, even in the Naxal-affected Gadchiroli and parts of Bhandara and Gondia districts, authorities said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean- Salazar's Revenge: Cheers For Nostalgia, Nothing Else
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs