Make nursery admission process transparent: BJP
Private schools are not accepting the application forms of the children from economically weaker sections, Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said.
New Delhi: BJP on Monday urged the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi to formulate a transparent procedure for nursery admissions and ensure its strict implementation by schools as the city government has "failed" to do so.
"Delhi Government and its Education Department have proved to be incompetent and useless in helping the children in nursery admissions. They have completed only formalities," Delhi BJP President Vijender Gupta said.
He asked the Lt Governor to get a transparent and honest procedure framed for nursery admissions and ensure its strict implementation by all the private schools of Delhi.
Gupta claimed that after the date of registration for nursery admissions ended, parents are running from pillar to post due to chaos and arbitrariness of private schools.
"The promises made by Delhi Government have been disregarded by the school management. Private schools were also not accepting the application forms of the children from economically weaker sections on various pretexts," Gupta said alleging that school management was behaving in arbitrary manner this year also.
He said many schools assured the parents of EWS category children that the process of admission would be completed through lottery system and the results would be declared in February.
"The conditions are so bad that the online registration of complaints against the admissions had to be closed two days in advance. The parents could not benefit from this system," he claimed.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet Today
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- India's 'Eyes in the Skies' Gave Images for Surgical Strikes
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan