Male colleagues molest us: Delhi women councillors
These women councillors have written a letter to the Lieutenant Governor that their molesters are none other than their male colleagues.
New Delhi: Even as Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has admitted that women don't feel safe in Delhi, some women Delhi councillors have alleged that they have been sexually molested inside the municipal corporation building. These women councillors have written a letter to the Lieutenant Governor that their molesters are none other than their male colleagues.
The women councillors have alleged in the letter that molestation and abuse has become a regular occurrence inside the house or at municipal functions. They also alleged that the male councillors also use foul language in front of him.
Former Mayor Rajni Abbi is among the women councillors who have complained to the Lieutenant Governor. The matter was also raised in the North Delhi Municipal Corporation and led to a huge uproar.
The issue of women's safety in Delhi has been in the limelight after the brutal gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in the heart of national capital on December 16, 2012, and after a man shoved an iron rod down a 19-year-old girl's throat for resisting rape in Delhi.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- Pep Guardiola Denies Trying to Take Messi, Neymar to Manchester City
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Neymar Remains Unapologetic for His Style, Despite Criticism