Male colleagues molest us: Delhi women councillors
These women councillors have written a letter to the Lieutenant Governor that their molesters are none other than their male colleagues.
New Delhi: Even as Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has admitted that women don't feel safe in Delhi, some women Delhi councillors have alleged that they have been sexually molested inside the municipal corporation building. These women councillors have written a letter to the Lieutenant Governor that their molesters are none other than their male colleagues.
The women councillors have alleged in the letter that molestation and abuse has become a regular occurrence inside the house or at municipal functions. They also alleged that the male councillors also use foul language in front of him.
Former Mayor Rajni Abbi is among the women councillors who have complained to the Lieutenant Governor. The matter was also raised in the North Delhi Municipal Corporation and led to a huge uproar.
The issue of women's safety in Delhi has been in the limelight after the brutal gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in the heart of national capital on December 16, 2012, and after a man shoved an iron rod down a 19-year-old girl's throat for resisting rape in Delhi.
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle