DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata announces release of 17 life term prisoners
With this, the Mamata-led government, since it came to power in May 2011, has released 140 prisoners in three phases.
Kolkata: Acting on recommendation of the state-appointed Bandi Mukti Committee, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday announced the release of 17 lifers.
With this, the Mamata-led government, since it came to power in May 2011, has released 140 prisoners in three phases comprising 57 political prisoners and 83 prisoners convicted to life-term, Banerjee said.
The exercise began with the release of 57 political prisoners in the first lot on the recommendation of the committee.
It was followed by the release of 66 prisoners, who were convicted to life-term, in the second lot.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Proteas reach 59/0 at Break
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan