Centre sends Antony to meet Mamata over FDI
Acting as the Prime Minister's emissary, AK Antony may try and convince Mamata Banerjee to agree to some economic reform bills.
Kolkata: Defence Minister AK Antony met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the Writers' Building in Kolkata to convince her over FDI in retail.
Acting as the Prime Minister's emissary, Antony is likely to try and convince Mamata to agree to some of the economic reform bills like FDI in retail and forward trading.
The UPA is trying to pass these bills in the current monsoon session of Parliament. Mamata has always been a strong voice against FDI.
Recommended For You
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- Nehra Turns 38: Sachin, Sehwag Lead the Way in Wishing the Pacer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her