Centre sends Antony to meet Mamata over FDI
Acting as the Prime Minister's emissary, AK Antony may try and convince Mamata Banerjee to agree to some economic reform bills.
Kolkata: Defence Minister AK Antony met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the Writers' Building in Kolkata to convince her over FDI in retail.
Acting as the Prime Minister's emissary, Antony is likely to try and convince Mamata to agree to some of the economic reform bills like FDI in retail and forward trading.
The UPA is trying to pass these bills in the current monsoon session of Parliament. Mamata has always been a strong voice against FDI.
Recommended For You
- Moment of Reckoning For Kohli, Smith and Dharamsala
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review: An Affordable Redmi 3S Facelift
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Alia-Sidharth, Sonakshi-Bunty and Others Attend Anushka's Phillauri Special Screening
- Steven Smith Smitten by Picturesque Dharamsala Stadium