Centre sends Antony to meet Mamata over FDI
Acting as the Prime Minister's emissary, AK Antony may try and convince Mamata Banerjee to agree to some economic reform bills.
Kolkata: Defence Minister AK Antony met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the Writers' Building in Kolkata to convince her over FDI in retail.
Acting as the Prime Minister's emissary, Antony is likely to try and convince Mamata to agree to some of the economic reform bills like FDI in retail and forward trading.
The UPA is trying to pass these bills in the current monsoon session of Parliament. Mamata has always been a strong voice against FDI.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner