Mamata asks Deshmukh to reconsider ban on SRK
MCA president Vilasrao Deshmukh had accompanied the PM during the latter's three-hour visit to Kolkata.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again batted for Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan when she requested Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for reconsideration of the Maharashtra Cricket Association imposing five-year ban on the entry of IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders owner to the Wankhede Stadium.
Deshmukh is the president of the Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA).
Mamata took up the matter with Deshhmukh, the Union Science and Technology Minister who had accompanied the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the latter's three-hour visit to Kolkata on Saturday, sources said.
Shah Rukh, also West Bengal's brand ambassador, was slapped a five-year ban by MCA on entering the Wankhede stadium after getting into an alleged scuffle with the MCA after a match against Mumbai Indians in the recent IPL tournament.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch