DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata gears up for austerity drive in Railways
Mamata has asked Trinamool ministers to follow the FM's directive.
New Delhi: After Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee's directive, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has given instructions to the officials of the Railway Board and zonal railways to adopt austerity measures.
She has also asked the six ministers of state from her party, Trinamool Congress, to do same.
"Instructions have been issued to all concerned that expenditure should be curtailed wherever it is possible," said a senior Railway Ministry official.
"Mamata Banerjee never travels in saloon car in trains as Railway Minister and prefers flying economy class, he said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet