Mamata gears up for austerity drive in Railways
Mamata has asked Trinamool ministers to follow the FM's directive.
New Delhi: After Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee's directive, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has given instructions to the officials of the Railway Board and zonal railways to adopt austerity measures.
She has also asked the six ministers of state from her party, Trinamool Congress, to do same.
"Instructions have been issued to all concerned that expenditure should be curtailed wherever it is possible," said a senior Railway Ministry official.
"Mamata Banerjee never travels in saloon car in trains as Railway Minister and prefers flying economy class, he said.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show