Mamata backs demand for media wageboards
Mamata has asked her party MPs to raise the issue of wage boards for journalists and non-journalists in both Houses of Parliament on Tuesday.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday expressed support to the demand of mediapersons for implementation of Majithia Wage Boards report and decided to join the nationwide agitation on Tuesday in this regard.
She told reporters that she has asked her party MPs to raise the issue of wage boards for journalists and non-journalists in both Houses of Parliament on Tuesday.
Mamata, who is in the national capital, will address the agitating employees of newspapers and new agencies during their demonstration to put pressure on the government to ensure implementation of the wage boards which is hanging fire for over four months.
Trinamool Congress is the second largest constituent of the Congress-led UPA having 19 members in the Lok Sabha. Peeved over non-implementation of the recommendations of Justice GR Majithia wage board reports which was notified on November 11, 2011, mediapersons have decided to hold a nationwide demonstration on Tuesday for immediate implementation of the report.
As part of the agitation, journalists and non-journalists would gherao Parliament tomorrow in Delhi.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines