DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata Banerjee blames dengue on dieting
The West Bengal Chief Minister said that a controlled diet lowers the immunity system and leads to ailments like dengue.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday advised the youth to avoid going on a controlled diet as it lowers the immunity system and leads to ailments like dengue.
"I appeal to all of you, my young friends, not to go on diet, especially during the current season. Because, when you go on diet, your immunity system goes down, and you may be struck by diseases like dengue," she said, at the state secretariat Writers' Building.
"Keep on hold your crash diet plans. Eat plenty of food, take plenty of water," she said, while briefing the media about the dengue outbreak in the state.
The number of confirmed dengue cases in West Bengal has shot up to at least 643, with 80 per cent of the patients residing in Kolkata and its adjoining North 24 Parganas district. The disease has claimed at least three lives so far.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO