Mamata Banerjee blames dengue on dieting
The West Bengal Chief Minister said that a controlled diet lowers the immunity system and leads to ailments like dengue.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday advised the youth to avoid going on a controlled diet as it lowers the immunity system and leads to ailments like dengue.
"I appeal to all of you, my young friends, not to go on diet, especially during the current season. Because, when you go on diet, your immunity system goes down, and you may be struck by diseases like dengue," she said, at the state secretariat Writers' Building.
"Keep on hold your crash diet plans. Eat plenty of food, take plenty of water," she said, while briefing the media about the dengue outbreak in the state.
The number of confirmed dengue cases in West Bengal has shot up to at least 643, with 80 per cent of the patients residing in Kolkata and its adjoining North 24 Parganas district. The disease has claimed at least three lives so far.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards