Mamata Banerjee cancels meet with Manmohan Singh
Sources said Mamata Banerjee's blood pressure had gone down so she had to cancel the meet.
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday cancelled her meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, citing ill health, highly placed sources said in Delhi. "She was supposed to meet the prime minister. But it was cancelled as she was not well," a highly placed source said.
Sources said her blood pressure had gone down so she had to cancel the meet. The chief minister had earlier faced noisy protests and her finance minister Amit Mitra was heckled by dozens of Students Federation of India protestors when they were coming for a meet with Planning Commission Deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
The protestors were demonstrating against the death of an SFI leader Sudipto Gupta April 2, 2013 allegedly in police custody.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show