Mamata Banerjee cancels meet with Manmohan Singh
Sources said Mamata Banerjee's blood pressure had gone down so she had to cancel the meet.
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday cancelled her meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, citing ill health, highly placed sources said in Delhi. "She was supposed to meet the prime minister. But it was cancelled as she was not well," a highly placed source said.
Sources said her blood pressure had gone down so she had to cancel the meet. The chief minister had earlier faced noisy protests and her finance minister Amit Mitra was heckled by dozens of Students Federation of India protestors when they were coming for a meet with Planning Commission Deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
The protestors were demonstrating against the death of an SFI leader Sudipto Gupta April 2, 2013 allegedly in police custody.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM
- Arjun Bijlani Injures Himself On 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' Set
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager