Mamata Banerjee dares Centre to use article 365 in WB
Continuing her tirade, Mamata said the Centre threatens the media too with deploying CBI against them for writing anything against it.
Bally: Training her guns on the Centre, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday dared it to impose central rule in the state and accused it of disturbing her government and party by issuing threats of engaging CBI against it. "The Centre is economically depriving the state (WB). There are threats of engaging CBI against us. They (Congress) have become vindicitve against us since we pulled out of the UPA," the Trinamool Congress chief said, kicking off the party's campaign for the upcoming Howrah parliamentary bypoll.
"Congress and CPI(M) have ganged up to work against my party and the government. Threats are not going to work on me. You (Centre) use article 365 and see," she said. Alleging that Congress was conspiring with CPI(M) to financially cripple the state and stall its development, Banerjee said, "I have struggled for 34 years despite all sorts of threats, including threats to my life. I will not bow down come what may - I will smash the conspiracy." Claiming that there was a move against her party even when Trinamool Congress was part of the UPA and files of party's MPs were sought, she said, "I had told the Prime Minister that I have no problem if files of all parties are examined. But why only files of our party MPs were sought? Is it because we are transparent? We are as poor as a beggar and are somehow managing to run the party."
The Congress, she said, cannot tackle TMC politically and are engaging in all sorts of conspiracies against it in league with CPI(M). Continuing her tirade, she said the Centre threatens the media too with deploying CBI against them for writing anything against it. Banerjee accused the Congress of not behaving properly with alliance partners. "They (Congress) have been able to form UPA-II. But UPA-III is not going to happen."
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- Bangladesh vs England Live Score: 1st Test, Day 1 in Chittagong
- Tennis Ace Sania Mirza Completes 80 Consecutive Weeks as No 1 Doubles Player
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior