DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata set to kick off her election campaign
TMC chief Mamata Banerjee is set to kick off her election campaign in Kolkata with a 3-day long pad-yatra.
New Delhi: The battle for Bengal is building up, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee is set to kick off her election campaign in Kolkata with a 3-day long pad-yatra.
Mamata will canvass in different parts of the city starting with a mega rally from Thakurpur to Behala where she will be campaigning for her deputy, leader of opposition Partha Chatterjee and city Mayor Sovan Chatterjee
Mamata will start walking from Thakurpukur and she will walk up to Behala.
Mamata Banerjee on Saturday assured people to accord priority on setting up a land bank and formulating a separate land acquisition policy of the state till a national policy was framed replacing the existing Land Acquisition Act.
Speaking against forceful acquisition of land, Mamata said the Left Front government had failed to formulate its own land policy, unlike many other states.
Besides land bank, Mamata was also confident of setting up employment bank to create opportunities for the unemployed youth.
With PTI inputs
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet