DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB Assembly's special session on chit fund scam to begin today
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is getting ready to face the Opposition fire in the state Assembly.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is getting ready to face the Opposition fire in the state Assembly. A special 2-day session has been called by Governor MK Narayanan from Monday to discuss the chit fund scam in the state.
It has not just wiped away crores of investor money but also dragged the Trinamool Congress and Congress ministers into the mess. The scam is also getting bigger with market regulator Sebi turning the heat on over a dozen other companies running ponzi schemes.
People are rushing to withdraw Rs 20,000 crore invested in these companies. The government is hoping to tighten laws relating to chit funds in the special Assembly session.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment