WB Assembly's special session on chit fund scam to begin today
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is getting ready to face the Opposition fire in the state Assembly.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is getting ready to face the Opposition fire in the state Assembly. A special 2-day session has been called by Governor MK Narayanan from Monday to discuss the chit fund scam in the state.
It has not just wiped away crores of investor money but also dragged the Trinamool Congress and Congress ministers into the mess. The scam is also getting bigger with market regulator Sebi turning the heat on over a dozen other companies running ponzi schemes.
People are rushing to withdraw Rs 20,000 crore invested in these companies. The government is hoping to tighten laws relating to chit funds in the special Assembly session.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto G Turbo and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System