Mamata govt perpetrates misrule in WB: Karat
He alleged that the govt had dismantled the procurement machinery to buy crops set up by the previous Left govt.
Kolkata: Expressing concern over recurring suicide of farmers in West Bengal, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said on Friday these were pointer to the "misrule" of the Trinamool Congress-led government in the state.
"The TC-led government in West Bengal has perpetrated misrule and our party's central committee has expressed serious concern over farmers' suicide which rose to 24," Karat told reporters at the end of the party's 4-day central committee meeting in Kolkata.
"This reflects not only on the central policies which have resulted in the agrarian crisis, but also a gross failure of the state government to put in place a procurement machinery to purchase crops from the farmers," he said.
He alleged that the government had dismantled the procurement machinery set up by the previous Left Front government.
The Mamata Banerjee government also failed to curb blackmarketing of fertiliser, he said.
He further alleged that there had been starvation deaths in one closed tea garden "and this is due to callous attitude of the government which discontinued the scheme of giving Rs 1,500 per month introduced by the Left Front government to the workers of closed factory and tea gardens."
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands