Mamata govt perpetrates misrule in WB: Karat
He alleged that the govt had dismantled the procurement machinery to buy crops set up by the previous Left govt.
Kolkata: Expressing concern over recurring suicide of farmers in West Bengal, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said on Friday these were pointer to the "misrule" of the Trinamool Congress-led government in the state.
"The TC-led government in West Bengal has perpetrated misrule and our party's central committee has expressed serious concern over farmers' suicide which rose to 24," Karat told reporters at the end of the party's 4-day central committee meeting in Kolkata.
"This reflects not only on the central policies which have resulted in the agrarian crisis, but also a gross failure of the state government to put in place a procurement machinery to purchase crops from the farmers," he said.
He alleged that the government had dismantled the procurement machinery set up by the previous Left Front government.
The Mamata Banerjee government also failed to curb blackmarketing of fertiliser, he said.
He further alleged that there had been starvation deaths in one closed tea garden "and this is due to callous attitude of the government which discontinued the scheme of giving Rs 1,500 per month introduced by the Left Front government to the workers of closed factory and tea gardens."
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- OnePlus Announces Re 1 Diwali Dash Sale: All You Need to Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festive Sale: Top 5 Deals on Smartphones
- I'm the Only Top Actress Who Has Done B-grade Films: Kangana Ranaut