Mamata has positive mind on NCTC: Shinde
Sushil Kumar Shinde reiterated that the Centre was keen to introduce the NCTC to firmly deal with terrorism.
Kolkata: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Monday said that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who had earlier objected on certain issues, has a 'positive mind' towards the National Counter Terrorism Centre. "I had talked to her earlier also on the NCTC issue. She has a positive mind (Unka toh maan hai)," Shinde said when asked if he discussed the issue with the Chief Minister at a meeting at Fraserganj in South 24-Parganas district on Monday.
Shinde reiterated that the Centre was keen to introduce the NCTC to firmly deal with terrorism. The NCTC, which has regained importance following the Hyderabad serial blasts on February 19, has been opposed by several states on the ground that law and order was a state subject.
Shinde had on Sunday said that he had already told the Rajya Sabha that the Centre would pursue the NCTC and do it. He had also said that Mamata Banerjee was very cooperative on the issue and others like the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
"Whenever the country faces any difficulty, the CM is very cooperative," Shinde had said. Shinde and Banerjee also discussed coastal security issues during their visit to the riverine Indo-Bangla border in the Sunderbans.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sarkar 3 First Look: Amitabh Bachchan Is Back As Subhash Nagre in RGV's Film
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone