Mamata in Delhi ahead of rally against diesel prices, FDI
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will hold the rally at Jantar Mantar on Monday.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee arrived in Delhi on Sunday ahead of the rally she will hold at Jantar Mantar on Monday. The TMC is set for its agitation on Monday against the government for raising diesel prices and introducing FDI in multi-brand retail.
Mamata had withdrawn support from the UPA after it refused to roll back the reforms meant to narrow down India's huge fiscal deficit and subsidy bill.
The West Bengal Chief Minister called the measures anti-poor and found support from the Opposition and even from rival Left that had called for a nationwide bandh on September 20 against the reforms.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager