DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata in Delhi ahead of rally against diesel prices, FDI
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will hold the rally at Jantar Mantar on Monday.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee arrived in Delhi on Sunday ahead of the rally she will hold at Jantar Mantar on Monday. The TMC is set for its agitation on Monday against the government for raising diesel prices and introducing FDI in multi-brand retail.
Mamata had withdrawn support from the UPA after it refused to roll back the reforms meant to narrow down India's huge fiscal deficit and subsidy bill.
The West Bengal Chief Minister called the measures anti-poor and found support from the Opposition and even from rival Left that had called for a nationwide bandh on September 20 against the reforms.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham