Mamata congratulates KKR on winning IPL-5
Mamata Banerjee invited people for a victory procession in Kolkata, that will head to the Eden Gardens.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday congratulated the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for winning the Indian Premier League (IPL-5). Congratulating KKR co-owner Shah Rukh Khan, Mamata said, "After Sachin, I'm congratulating Shah Rukh Khan. He is the brand ambassador of the state. I'm very happy for him."
Announcing the victory procession of the team in Kolkata, Mamata said, "Shah Rukh Khan is going to thank the people of West Bengal for their support to the KKR team. He will be there on an open bus on his way to the Eden Gardens." The procession will start at 11 am to 1 pm on Tuesday, she added.
Mamata said that the entry will be free for all cricket lovers at Tuesday's victory celebrations. "The event at Eden Gardens will be a ticketless affair. All of Kolkata can take part in the celebrations," she said.
"I and my ministers, too, will be accompanying the KKR team in their victory procession from Hazra Modh to Eden Gardens," Mamata added.
The Kolkata Knight Riders, emerged the new IPL champions on Sunday, beating Chennai Super Kings by five wickets in the final game of the tournament in Chennai.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1