Mamata congratulates KKR on winning IPL-5
Mamata Banerjee invited people for a victory procession in Kolkata, that will head to the Eden Gardens.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday congratulated the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for winning the Indian Premier League (IPL-5). Congratulating KKR co-owner Shah Rukh Khan, Mamata said, "After Sachin, I'm congratulating Shah Rukh Khan. He is the brand ambassador of the state. I'm very happy for him."
Announcing the victory procession of the team in Kolkata, Mamata said, "Shah Rukh Khan is going to thank the people of West Bengal for their support to the KKR team. He will be there on an open bus on his way to the Eden Gardens." The procession will start at 11 am to 1 pm on Tuesday, she added.
Mamata said that the entry will be free for all cricket lovers at Tuesday's victory celebrations. "The event at Eden Gardens will be a ticketless affair. All of Kolkata can take part in the celebrations," she said.
"I and my ministers, too, will be accompanying the KKR team in their victory procession from Hazra Modh to Eden Gardens," Mamata added.
The Kolkata Knight Riders, emerged the new IPL champions on Sunday, beating Chennai Super Kings by five wickets in the final game of the tournament in Chennai.
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha