I want to topple the UPA government: Mamata
Mamata Banerjee said that her party will bring a no-confidence motion on the first day of the Winter Session of Parliament.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Saturday threatened to topple the UPA government and said that her party will bring a no-confidence motion on the first day of the Winter Session of Parliament which begins on November 22. "I want to topple this government. TMC will move no trust move against the UPA government on day 1 of Winter Session.," said the West Bengal Chief Minister.
Mamata said she is ready to speak to the CPI(M) and the BJP to topple the already battling UPA II. Mamata also called for a reaction from UPA allies. "BSP and SP must take a stand in Parliament," asserted Mamata.
In a surprising statement, Mamata said that she doesn't want to resort to token protests or merely censure the government.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh