DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata says TMC would like to retain Railways
Mamata Banerjee says the TMC has a legitimate claim over the Railway Ministry.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee, who will take over the reins of power in West Bengal from outgoing chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, on Friday said that her party would like to retain the Railway Ministry.
"Prime Minister will take a decision. I will be meeting him and the Congress President Sonia Gandhi soon," Banerjee said in Kolkata.
Banerjee, who is the Railway minister, said that she would like the Trinamool Congress to retain the Railway Ministry "as we have only one Cabinet berth".
"We have achieved a lot in the Railway Ministry and have done a lot of good for the people. As such, we have a legitimate claim over the Railway Ministry," she said.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users